Abram de Swaan & Marcel Van der Linden (Eds)
with contributions by Eric Bähre, Aspha Bijnaar, Abdoulaye Kane, Hotze Lont, Peer Smets
Editor: Aksant, Amsterdam, 2006, 217 pp.
- Abram de Swaan: Mutual Funds: Then and here, now and there.
Informal savings and insurance funds in the nineteenth-century West and the present non-western world.
- Erik Bähre: Changing interdependencies and the State. How financial mutuals have changed in South Africa.
- Aspha Bijnaar: As ye sow, so shall ye reap! Kasmoni in Suriname.
- Abdoulaye Kane: Tontines and village cash boxes along the Thilonge-Dakar–Paris emigration route.
- Hotze Lont: Social security in financial self-help organizations. An Indonesian example.
- Peer Smets: Changing financial mutuals in urban India. Practice, functions, trust and development trajectories.
- Marcel van der Linden: Varieties of Mutualism.
To order see: Amsterdam University Press